WHAT IS YOUR BIG WHY?
When you find it, you will not only attain happiness and meaning in life; you will also increase chances to live a long and happy life; thinking, acting, and communicating from your why is what makes leaders and companies great. It is what separates BMW from Mazda, Apple from Dell, Success from Significance etc.
Kigali (web dictionary)is a Japanese concept that means “a reason for being.” It is similar to the French phrase Raison d’être. According to Japanese culture, finding it requires a deep and often lengthy search of self. A reason for being… a reason to get up in the morning… your purpose, cause, or belief…
Do you have? A BIG WHY; a compelling purpose that projects you through your life, forcing you out of bed every day, doing what it takes and fueling your passion.
Why do you want to be your own boss? What will this mean for your quality of life for the lifestyle you dream of?
Why do you want to make a lot of money? What will you do with it? What will it bring to your life? What will it allow you to do and most importantly who will you become?
You will see that being clear on your WHYs will bring you into connection with who you really are and will bring out your living life on purpose.
Something to stimulate the searching of your Big Why:
- Be productive (guard your mind and time)
- Find a mentor (Everyone needs it)
- Find a role model (A person who serves as a model )
- Surround yourself with successful people (People who ask questions, Positive aptitudes, Dreamers, Relentless workers)
- Get along with people you do not get along with. (difficult ah!)
- Do scary things (Leave your comfort zone; Sky diving, Public Speaking etc.)
- Don’t stop growing (sharpening the saw)
Your Big “Why” – Not Having One Is The Path To Failure
Being clear on your WHY is the #1 secret to your success in absolutely everything you do in life, including your business.