It is Friday afternoon and the clock is ticking. You are working tremendously hard to complete a task before the five o’clock deadline, while silently cursing yourself for not starting it sooner. What went wrong? Why did you lose your focus? Why, Why, why …
Everyone has an inner (-) voice that we feed with most of the time very good excuse; let’s use exercising / work-out as an analogy
See what type thoughts / individuals go through our minds:
– Perfectionist: Do I have the colorful Nike shoes? is the temperature above 68 degrees?
– Lazy: That is too hard; it will require me to spend 30 minutes per day
– Compare: Do I look better than anyone else in the Gym?
– Futurist: I might not loose the 20 lbs I need then why bother
– Know how: Do I know best and latest technique?
– Silly Listener: Someone told me that taking a taking pill will have same effect and faster
– Jump around: Let’s try many different things and see if anything works
– Complainer Distraction: Gym is to small also there are a lot sweaty folks in there, I wish it has a larger lounge room
Do not give power to that inner (-) voice, do not feed it with good excuses, rather:
- Counter your negative thoughts
- Get rid of your distractions
- Get an accountability partner
- Focus on 80/20 rule
- Take a massive action – Actions drive our thoughts therefore it is better an imperfect action than a perfect inaction. Just start now, DO it.